We know that people have a lot of questions when they come to church. We hope that this helps you understand what our services are like.
How are you handling services with COVID-19?
All of us have been impacted by the COVID-19, or coronavirus, pandemic. Even though it has changed our lives and how we do church, we still offer many ways to stay in touch with us through worship.
We are having our regular Sunday worship services at 11 AM and 6 PM. We will following CDC and Georgia guidelines, such as:
asking all people to come in through our front doors
- temperature checks, only allowing people with a temperature less than 100.4 inside
- removing and blocking off rows to allow for people to sit six feet apart
- asking households to sit six feet apart
- having hand sanitizer and masks available
- no choir, shaking of hands, or offering plates being passed
Anyone who is sick, has family members that are contagious, or are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should join us online in worship.
What are Sunday mornings like?
Sunday mornings at Forest Heights begins in our small groups, known as Sunday School at 9:45. This is where we meet in smaller groups based on age or similar
life stage. We study the Bible, but we also take time to pray and get to know one another. Our children, youth, and college and young adults meet downstairs,
and all other groups are upstairs. If you have any questions, you can ask anyone at our main entrance behind our round driveway. They will be happy
to guide you to a group that is best for you!
After Sunday School, our worship service starts at 11 AM. We have a more traditional service with our choir and praise team. We have
a time of fellowship and welcome, followed by congregational singing. Our worship is continued in the
preaching of God's Word.
What about Sunday evening services?
Our Sunday evening service is still traditional, but it is a separate service with a different message than the morning service. You'll find it's a little
more pared down and relaxed than our morning service, so you may find it easier to come to. We've found it's a popular service for first-time visitors as well
as people who need this service, as there's not a lot of evening services in our area.
What about my kids on Sundays?
We believe that kids are an amazing gift from God. We have Sunday School groups for our kids from nursery through 6th grade downstairs where they will
check in with the leaders of the groups. After Sunday School, we separate into three groups:
- Nursery age (6 weeks - 3): These kids stay downstairs for nursery during the service. They can be picked up after the service.
- Kids up through 2nd grade (4-8): We have a "children's church" specifically geared to children most weeks. It involves worship, a Bible lesson, and stories of others in faith like missionaries and people in church history.
- 3rd grade and up (8+): We encourage 3rd graders and up to join us in the main service and worship with their families. We know that this may be
a little hard for some, but we believe it gives more reverence for worship and the ability for the whole family to worship together.
Of course, all children are welcome in the sanctuary during the service.